Superconducting Thin Films of YbBa2Cu3O7 and ErBa2Cu3O7 Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy: Determination of Epitaxial Conditions
We have successfully achieved the epitaxial growth of (RE)1(BaF2)2Cu3 ( where RE= Yb or Er ) on (100) SrTiO3 substrates. The oxygen stoichiometry is obtained by annealing after growth under 1 atm oxygen pressure, leading to the transition from (RE)1(BaF2)2Cu3 to (RE)1Ba2Cu3O7-xFy. The epitaxial conditions are destroyed either for thicknesses above 2000 A or by introduction of an oxygen partial pressure during growth. The final films are highly oriented with c-axis perpendicular to the substrate. They exhibit sharp transitions observed by transport and magnetic measurements. In addition, the films are very stable without any particular storage conditions. However, RBS studies show diffusion of the species between the film and the substrate, due to the high temperature annealing stage.
KeywordsEpitaxial Growth Fluorine Content Reflect High Energy Electron Diffraction Oxygen Stoichiometry Short Annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. Gupta, G. Koren, E.A. Giess, N.R. Moore, EJ.M. O’Sullivan, E.I. Cooper, Appl. Phys. Lett. 52 (1988).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Cabanel, J.P. Hirtz, P. Etienne, L. Fruchter, C. Giovanella, G. Creuzet, Proceedings HTSC-M2S, Interlaken (March 1988).Google Scholar
- 16.P.M. Mankiewich Proceedings T.M.S. New Brunswich 9–11 May 1988.Google Scholar
- 17.S.W. Chan, B.G. Bagley, L.H. Greene, M. Giroud, W.L. Feldmann, K.R. Jenkin II, B.J. Wilkins, Submitted to Appl. Phys. Lett. June 1988.Google Scholar
- 18.R.Cabanel, J.P. Hirtz, C. Giovanella, D. Dubreuil, G. Creuzet, J. Siejka, G. Vizkelethy, Proceedings T.M.S. New Brunswich 9–11 May 1988.Google Scholar
- 20.J. Chazelas, R. Cabanel, J.P. Hirtz, F. Hosseini Teherani, G. Creuzet, to be submitted to J.Electron Micros.Techn.Google Scholar