Development of High Tc Superconducting Wire by Powder Method
Ag-sheathed high Tc superconducting wires of YBa2Cu3O7-x and Bi0.8Pb0.2SrCaCU1.5Ox were developed. Improvements in the density and the orientation of crystals brought about by press processing have been investigated, and by adopting adequate processing procedures the critical current densities were increased up to 4140A/ cm2 and 4400A/ cm2 for Ag-sheathed YBa2Cu3O7-x and Bi0.8Pb0.2SrCaCu1.5Ox superconductors, respectively.
After investigating Jc distribution and the bending tolerance of Ag-sheathed YBa2Cu3O7-x tapes, we made a coil with an inner diameter of 50 mm. This superconducting coil generated 47gauss at the center and 64gauss on the conductor with a transport current of 35A.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Reduction Ratio Transport Current Press Processing Oxygen Annealing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Ohiatsu, K. Ohkura, H. Takei, S. Yazu and H. Hitotsuyanagi: Jpn. J. of Appl. Phys. vol.26, pp.1207–1208, (1987) Suppl.26–3,Google Scholar
- K. Ohiatsu, K. Ohkura, H. Takei, S. Yazu and H. Hitotsuyanagi: Proc. 18th Int. Conf. on Low Temperature Phys., Kyoto, 1987.Google Scholar
- K. Kawashiia, M. Nagata, Y. Hosoda, S. Takano, N. Shibuta, H. Mukai and T. Hikata: ’88 Appl. Superconductivity Conference, Sanfrancisco, CA, August 21–25, 1988. paper MI-BGoogle Scholar
- R. J. Cava et al. A paper presented at Int’l Conf on High Tc S.C and Material and Mechanism of Superconductivity, Interlaken, Feb.29-March3, 1988 ; Physica C153–155 (1988) pp.5B0–585, North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- T.Nakahara : “ Development of Superconducting Material and Impacts on the Social Economy. ” A paper which will appear in this conference (ISS’88)Google Scholar