Progress in Processings of Oxide Superconductor
The fabrication processes of oxide superconductors have been surveyed on a category of bulk or wire materials. The conventional powder process has been developed and modified considerably in recent years. Very recently grain-oriented processes were realized for enhancing the transport current density of the oxide superconductors. Magnetic properties of the grain-oriented materials are significantly improved and show a similar charcteristic to that of the c-axis oriented thin film. This grain-oriented process is eminently suitable for use in manufacturing oxide superconducting wires. But this process is faced not only in rare earth elements but also in bismuth systems and thallium systems for lengthened wires for keeping good magnetic properties.
KeywordsCritical Current Density Conventional Sinter Wire Material Oxide Superconductor Good Magnetic Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (3).J.W.Ekin, Adv.Ceram.Mater. 2(3B), 586, Special Issue (1987).Google Scholar
- (4).R.F.Cook, T.M.Shaw and P.R.Duncombe, Adv. Ceram. Mater. 2(3B),606, Special Issue(1987).Google Scholar
- (5).Y.Tanaka, K.Yamada and K.Matsumoto, MRS Symposium, May 30-June 3, (1988) Tokyo.Google Scholar
- (8).F.Uchikawa, H.Zheng, K.C.Chen and J.D.Mackenzie, MRS Spring Meeting, Nevada(1988).Google Scholar
- (9).Y.Tanaka, K.Yamada and T.Sano, Jpn. Appl. Phys, 27,L362(1988)Google Scholar
- (10).T.Shibata, R.Setaka, W.Komatsu and Minami, MRS Symposium, May 30-June 3, (1988) Tokyo.Google Scholar
- (12).Y.Ikeno, N.Sadakata, A.Kume, K.Gotho and O.Kohno, MRS Symposium, May 30-June 3, (1988) Tokyo.Google Scholar
- (14).D.R.Dietderich, H.Kumakura and K.Togano, MRS Sysmpsium, May 30-June 3, (1988) Tokyo.Google Scholar
- (16).M.Okada, A.Okayama, T.Morimoto, K.Aihara and S.Matsuda, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys, 27, 1185 (1988).Google Scholar
- (21).J.S.Zhang, X.P.Jiang, J.G.Huang, Y.Yu, M.Jiang, Y.L.Ge, G.W.Qiao, Z.Q.Hu, Y.H.Zhao and Y.J.Wang, ICMC-88, GC-9(1988), Shenyang.Google Scholar
- (22).D.G.Hinks, L.Sodrholm, D.W.Capone II, J.D.Jorgensen, Ivan K.Schuller, C.U.Segre, K.Zhang and J.D.Grace, submitted to Appl. Phys. Lett.Google Scholar
- (23).T.Wolf, I.Apfelstedt, W.Goldacker, H.Küpfer and R.Flükiger, presented at ’High-Tc Superconductors Materials and Mechanisms of Superconductivity, (1988), Interlarken.Google Scholar