Structural Investigation of High Tc Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O
High temperature X-ray diffraction, electrical resistivity and susceptibility measurements have been made for the Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-0 system of 1:1:1:2, 2:2:1:2 and 2:2:2:3 in the nominal composition ratio of Bi:Sr:Ca:Cu and for the system of 2:2:2:3 doped with Pb. No structural change has been observed in the temperature range from R.T. to 1123K for samples except for 1:1:1:2, where some extra peaks have appeared between 923K and 1073K. The crystal structure of a high Tc phase (Tcon=115K, Tczero=110K) in the Pb-doped sample is tetragonal with a=b=3.82 A and c=37.22 Å at R.T.. The temperature dependence of lattice parameters of the low Tc phase for undoped samples and of the high Tc phase for Pb-doped samples have been obtained. The mean thermal expansion coefficient between R.T. and 1100K of c-axis of the high Tc phase is 2.9x10-5 K-1 which is larger than that of low Tc phase.
KeywordsElectrical Resistivity Thermal Expansion Coefficient Lattice Spacing Undoped Sample Extra Peak
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [l]H.Maeda, Y.Tanaka, M.Fukutomi and T.Asano, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Lett. 4(1988)1209.Google Scholar
- R.M.Hazen, C.T.Prewitt, R.A.Augel, N.L.Ross, L.W.Finger, C.G.Hadidiacos, D.R. Velben, P.J.Heaney, P.H. Hor, R.L.Meng, Y.Y. Sun, Y.Q.Wang, Y.Y.Xue, Z.J.Huang, L.Gao, J.Bechtold and C.W.Chu , Phys. Rev. Lett (1988) in press.Google Scholar
- M.Matsui, K.Ohmori, T.Shimizu and M.Doyama, Physica 148B(1987)432.Google Scholar
- M.Doyama, M.Matsui, J.Liu, H.Matsuoka, T.Shimizu and K.Ohmori, Proc. Special Symposium on Advanced Materials, p83, Tokyo, 1988.Google Scholar
- B.Seebacher and G.Schindler, Phisica CI53(1988)615.Google Scholar