Effect of Ambient Gas on Preparing Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Superconductor
Systematic decrease of the formation temperature of high Tc superconducting phase with zero resistance at 107K was observed in the Bi Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-0 system by reducing the oxygen content in the N2/O2 mixing atmosphere following a reduction of melting temperature. Volume fraction of high Tc phase was exponentially increased with increasing heat treating time. It increased rapidly near the melting temperature but the critical current density decreased by the possible formation of weak links at the grain boundaries.
KeywordsTartaric Acid Critical Current Density Formation Temperature Large Volume Fraction Peak Intensity Ratio
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).J.M.Tarascon,Y.Le-Page,P.Barboux,B.G.Bagley,L.H.Greene,W.R.Mckinnon, G.W.Hull, M.Giroud and D.M.Hwang: Phys.Rev.B 1988 in press.Google Scholar
- (5).S.Jin, R.S.Sherwood, T.H.Tiefel, G.W.Kammoloti, R.A.Fastnacht, M.E.Davis and S.M.Zahurak:Apple.Phys.Lett., 52(19)1988,1628.Google Scholar
- (7).A.Fukizawa, A.Ohtomo and Y.SakuraiProceedings of Mater.Res.Soc.Meetings on Advanced Mater.(Tokyo.1988),in press. and Abstract of ISS’88.Google Scholar
- (8).U.Endo, S.Koyama and T.Kawai:jpn.J.Appl.Phys.,27(1988) in press.Google Scholar
- (9).N.Uno, N.Enomoto, Y.Tanaka and H.Takami:jpn.J.AppI.Phys.,27(I988)LIOI3.Google Scholar