Formation of the High Tc Phase of Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Superconductors
Codecomposition of mixed nitrates of Bi, Pb, Sr, Ca and Cu around 830°C under low oxygen pressure led to the formation of a high Tc superconducting phase of Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O with Tc(zero) at 107.0K. The best starting compositions were in the region close to Bi1.84Pb0.34Sr2Ca2C3Oy with a little excess of Ca and Cu. In this region, the samples showed the absence of the 80K and semiconducting phase, and there was no indication of impurities at all. The reaction under low oxygen pressure has an effect to lower the temperature with broad ranges to render the high Tc phase.
KeywordsOxygen Pressure Mixed Nitrate 110K Phase Daikin Industry Conventional Solid Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K.Kitazawa, S.Yaegashi, K.Kishio, T.Hasegawa, N.Kanazawa, K.Park and K.Fueki: Adv.Ceram.Mater. in press ,Google Scholar
- K.Kuwahara, S.Yaegashi, K.Kishio, T.Hasegawa and K.Kitazawa: Proc.Latin American Conf. on High Temperature Superconductivity, in pressGoogle Scholar
- S.A.Sunshine, T.Siegrist, L.F.Schneemeyer, D.W.Murphy, R.J.Cava, B.Batlogg, R.B.van Dover, R.M.Fleming, S.H.Glarum, S.Nakahara, R.Farrow, J.J.Krajewski, S.M.Zahurak, J.V.Waszczak, J.H.Marshall, P.Marsh, L.W.Rupp, Jr. and W.F.Feck: in press.Google Scholar
- U.Endo, S.Koyama and T.Kawai: Jpn.J.Appl.Phys., 27 (1988) No. 8 in press.Google Scholar
- S.Koyama, U.Endo and T.Kawai: submitted to Jpn.J.Appl.Phys.Google Scholar
- J.M.Tarascon, W.R.McKinnon, P.Barboux, D.M.Hwang, B.G.Bagley, L.H.Greene, G.Hull, Y.LePage, N.Stoffel and M.Giroud: submitted to Phys.Rev.B.Google Scholar