Magnetic Properties of High Temperature Superconductors: Implications for 1/f Noise in Squids
Relatively weak flux pinning in the new high temperature superconductors, coupled with a distribution in the pinning barriers strengths, is shown to imply large 1/f flux noise in Superconducting QUantum Interferences Devices (SQUIDs). A simple model is developed that is in order-of-magnitude agreement with experiments on thin-film SQUID devices.
KeywordsFlux Line Flux Pinning Flux Creep Thin Film Device Barrier Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Y. Yeshurun and A. P. Malozemoff, Phys. Rev. Lett. 60, 2202 (1988); Y. Yeshurun, A. P. Malozemoff and F. Holtzberg, J. Appl. Phys., to be published (Proceedings of the Joint Intermag/3M Conference, Vancouver, Canada, July 12–15, 1988); Y. Yeshurun, A. P. Malozemoff, F. Holtzberg and T. Dinger, Phys. Rev. B, submitted.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.M. Tuominen, A. M. Goldman and M. L. Mecartney, Physica, to be published;Google Scholar
- 7.C. Rossel and P. Chaudhari, Physica, to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Malozemoff, T. K. Worthington, Y. Yeshurun, F. Holtzberg and P. H. Kes, Phys. Rev. B, to be published; T. K. Worthington, Y. Yeshurun, A. P. Malozemoff, W. J. Gallagher, R. M. Yandrofsky, F. Holtzberg, T. R. Dinger and D. L. Kaiser, submitted to the International Conference on Magnetism, Paris, France, July 25–29, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Malozemoff, T. K. Worthington, R. M. Yandrofski and Y. Yeshurun, submitted to Proceedings of ICTP Workshop on High Temperature Superconductivity, Trieste, July 25–28, 1988.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Tinkham, Helv. Phys. Acta, to be published.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Dew-Hughes, Cryogenics, to be published.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Foldeaki, M. E. McHenry and R. C. O’Handley, preprint.Google Scholar
- 13.R. H. Koch, C. P. Umbach, G. J. Clark, P. Chaudhari and R. B. Laibowitz, Appl. Phys. Lett. 51, 200 (1987); R. H. Koch, C. P. Umbach, M. M. Oprysko, J. D. Mannhart, B. Bumble, G. J. Clark, W. J. Gallagher, A. Gupta, A. Kleinsasser, R. B. Laibowitz, R. L. Sandstrom and M. R. Scheuermann, Physica, to be published.ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.M. J. Ferrari, M. Johnson, F. C. Wellstood, J. Clarke, P. A. Rosenthal, R. H. Hammond and M. R. Beasley, Appl. Phys. Lett., to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.J. Clarke and R. H. Koch, Science, to be published.Google Scholar
- 17.R. H. Koch and W. J. Gallagher, to be published.Google Scholar