Preparation and Characterization of Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Thin Films by Ion Beam Sputtering
Thin films of the Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system have been prepared by ion beam co-sputtering on MgO (100) with a sintered Bi2SrCaCu2Oy and a metal Pb as targets. Post deposition ex situ annealing were required for obtaining Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O superconducting films. The characterization of the prepared films were carried out by measuring the temperature dependence of the resistivity, X-ray diſſractometry, electron diſſractometry, SEM observation and EPMA spectra. These results indicate that obtained film has highly  orientation with a lattice constant c=30.86 Å and consists of a low Tc likely single phase of Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system. The optimum annealing temperature was 840°C in oxygen environment. The pre-sputtering of the substrate has not played any important role for the increasing of the volume fraction of the film with a preferential orientation.
KeywordsEPMA Analysis Post Annealing Process Reflection Electron Diffraction Electron Diffractometry EPMA Spectrum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.Adachi, Y.Ichikawa, K.Setune, S.Hatta, K.Hirochi , K.Wasa, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27, L623 (1988) / Y.Ichikawa, H.Adachi, K.Hirochi, K.Setune, S.Hatta , K.Wasa, Phys. Rev. B38, L765 (1988)Google Scholar
- T.Kajitani, K.Kusaba, M.Kikuchi, N.Kobayashi, Y.Syono, T.B.Williams , M.Hirabayashi, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27, L589 (1988)Google Scholar
- J.M.Tarascon,Phys. Rev. B27,9382 (1988)Google Scholar
- Y.Yamada, S.Murase, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27, L996 (1988)Google Scholar
- for examplPowder Diffraction File, Inorganic, Search Manual, Inter. Centr. for Diffraction DataSwarthmore, USA, (1987)Google Scholar
- T.Yoshitake, T.Satoh, Y.Kubo , H.Igarashi, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27, L1261 (1988)Google Scholar