Development of a Method to Measure Dynamic J Integral in Elasto-Plastic Materials
A method to measure dynamic J integral is developed using I integral and the numerical method of Laplace transformation. The dynamic J integral is evaluated by the developed method for an edge crack loaded by pulsatile stress on its surface in a long steel strip. Its evaluation is done using the results obtained by a dynamic FEM code and is well compared with J integral to examine the validity of the method. This method only requires the stress and the displacement time histories along the specimen contour.
KeywordsFracture Toughness Plastic Zone Edge Crack Crack Mouth Dynamic Fracture Toughness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Annual Book of ASTM Standards, vol.03.01, ASTM(1983), 762–780Google Scholar
- 2.Costin L.S.; Duffy J.; Freund L.B.:Fracture Initiation in metals Under Stress Wave Loading Conditions. ASTM STP 627 (1977), 301–318Google Scholar
- 3.Marandet B.; Phelippeau G.: Experimental Determination of Dynamic Fracture Toughness by J Integral Method. Advances in Fracture Research,vol.1,edt. by D. Francois (1981), 375–383Google Scholar
- 4.Homma H.;Minagawa K.: Measurement of Dynamic Stress Intensity History for a Crack Loaded by Impact. Proc. of IUTAM Symposium on Macro and Micro-Mechanics of High Velocity (1985)Google Scholar
- 9.Bellman R.; Kalaba R.E.; Lockett J.A.:Numerical Inversion of the Lalpace Transform. Elsevier Publisher Co. New York (1966)Google Scholar