Finite Element Analysis of Crack-Tip Opening
A Simulation of Vertex Blunting
The formation of crack-tip blunting with corner under a monotonically increasing tensile load is investigated by use of finite element analysis.
KeywordsFinite Element Analysis Slip System Crack Opening Crack Advance Crystal Model
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- McClintock, F.A., Fracture: An Advanced Treatise (ed. by H.Liebowitz), Vol.3, (1971), p.47, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Zienkiwitz, O. C., The Finite Element Method, 3rd ed., (1977), p.279, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Kitagawa, H. and Matsushita, H., to be appeared in Int. J. Solids Struct.Google Scholar
- Peirce, D., Asaro, R.J. and Needleman, A., Acta Metall., 20(1982), p.1087.Google Scholar
- Eshelby, J.D., Inelastic Behavior of Solids (ed. by Kanninen et al.), (1970),p.77, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Needleman, A. and Tvergaard, V., ASTM STP-803 (ed. by C.F. Shih and J.P.Gudas), (1983), p.I-80.Google Scholar
- McMeeking, R.M. and Parks, D.M., ASTM STP-668 (ed. by J.D. Landes), (1979),p.175.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan 1986