Finite Element Analysis of Crack-Tip Opening
A Simulation of Vertex Blunting
The formation of crack-tip blunting with corner under a monotonically increasing tensile load is investigated by use of finite element analysis.
KeywordsFinite Element Analysis Slip System Crack Opening Crack Advance Crystal Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- McClintock, F.A., Fracture: An Advanced Treatise (ed. by H.Liebowitz), Vol.3, (1971), p.47, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Zienkiwitz, O. C., The Finite Element Method, 3rd ed., (1977), p.279, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Kitagawa, H. and Matsushita, H., to be appeared in Int. J. Solids Struct.Google Scholar
- Peirce, D., Asaro, R.J. and Needleman, A., Acta Metall., 20(1982), p.1087.Google Scholar
- Eshelby, J.D., Inelastic Behavior of Solids (ed. by Kanninen et al.), (1970),p.77, McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Needleman, A. and Tvergaard, V., ASTM STP-803 (ed. by C.F. Shih and J.P.Gudas), (1983), p.I-80.Google Scholar
- McMeeking, R.M. and Parks, D.M., ASTM STP-668 (ed. by J.D. Landes), (1979),p.175.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan 1986