A Method of Solving Stress Intensity Factors of the Bent Crack in Three Points Bend Specimens
The unilateral straight crack in three points bend (TPB) specimens is in complex stress state when it is in the unsymmetrical position. It can propagate to become a bent crack when an alternating load is applied. In order to investigate the law of complex type fatigue by making use of TPB specimen, the method of solving the stress intensity factors (SIF) of the bent crack in TPB specimen must be found. In this paper, a method of solving the SIF of the bent crack in TPB specimen was presented, furthermore, the solutions were verified by experiments.
KeywordsStress Intensity Factor Stress Intensity Factor Three Point Bend Complex Stress State Fracture Angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R.J.Nuismer, Inter. J. Frac. Vol. 2, April, 1975.Google Scholar
- 3.Sin G. C., Eng. Frac. Mech. Vol. 18, pp439–451 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao T. S., Mechanical Strength (Chinese), 1982, Vol.3, P6.Google Scholar
- 5.Brown W. E., Srawley J. E., ASTM STP 410 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.Gross B., Srawley J. E., NASA TND-3092 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.Chen Chi, J. Mechanics (Chinese), 1974, No.3, P121Google Scholar
- 8.Institute of Mechanics, Academy of Chinese, J. Mechanics, No.3, P168.Google Scholar