Finite Element Analysis of Seismic Response of Reinforced Concrete Walls
This paper describes the applications of the finite element technique to the nonlinear dynamic analysis of reinforced concrete walls of buildings subjected to seismic loading conditions. The model is incorporated in the nonlinear finite elements analysis for the solution of the 2D problems. The mixing time integration scheme is employed /1/. The applicability of the method is illustrated by the solution of numerical examples using an ideal Heaviside accelerogram. The comparison of results, obtained by linear and nonlinear structural analysis, is given.
KeywordsSeismic Response Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis Concrete Wall Finite Element Technique Reinforced Concrete Wall
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Owen, D.R.J., Hinton, E., “Finite Element in Plasticity: Theory and Practice”, Swansea: Pineridge Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- 2.Damjanic, F., “Reinforced Concrete Failure Prediction under Both Static and Transient Conditions”, Ph.D.Thesis, C/Ph/71/83, University of Wales, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.Owen, D.R.J., Damjanić, F., “A Finite Element Formulation for Transient Thermal Analysis of Nonlinear Material Problems”, Trans. 7th Int.Conf. SMiRT, Chicago, Aug. 1983, Paper H 4/3.Google Scholar
- 5.Damjanić, F., “A Finite Element Program for the Analysis of Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete Structures”. Proc. the 3rd U.S.-Europe Symp. on F.E.M. for Nonlinear Problems, Invited lecture, Trondheim, Norway, Aug. 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Damjanić, F., Owen, D.R.J. “Practical Considerations for Modelling of Post-Cracking Concrete Behaviour for F.E. Analysis of R.C. Structures”, Proc. ICC, Split, Sept. 1984. 693–706, Swansea: Pineridge Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.Phillips, D.V., Zienkiewicz, O.C., “Finite Element Nonlinear Analysis of Concrete Structures”, Proc. Inst. Civ. Engrs. 61, Part II, 59–88 (1976).Google Scholar
- 8.Agraval, A.B., Jager, L.G., Mufti, A.A., “Response of RC Shear Wall under Ground Motions”, Journal of the Structural Division Feb. 81, p. 395–411.Google Scholar
- 9.Mihanović, A., Jaramaz, B., Damjanić, F., “Finite Element Analysis of Seismic Response of Reinforced Concrete Structures” 8th European Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon, Sept. 86.Google Scholar