On Load Capability of Complicated Composite Laminated Structure
The present paper deals with the loaded capability of complicated composite laminated structure,using the finite element technique. The finite elements adopted are the laminated bar, beam, triangular membrane element, triangular bending element and shell element with discrete Kirchhoff hypothesis. The nonlinear iterative scheme is the mixed alternative iterative method of variable load incremental step scheme with constant stiffness iterative scheme. The computer program DDJ-FZJF is develped and several computational examples are given. The numerical results show reasonableness of the method and effectiveness of the computer program.
KeywordsLaminate Structure Progressive Failure Finite Element Technique Shallow Spherical Shell Ultimate Failure Load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tsai, S.W., Strength Characteristics of Composite Materials, NASA CR-224.(1965).Google Scholar
- 2.Brown, G.E., Progressive Failure of Advanced Composite Laminates Using the Finite Element Method. A Ms-thesis in Univ. Utah (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.Fan Fafeng, Acta Mechanica Solida SINICA, 4. (1984), p383–390 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 4.Jones, R.M., “Mechanics of Composite Materials”, McGraw-Hill Book Company. (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.Chen Haoran, The Stability Analysis of Complex Laminated Structure. Proc. 3th National Conference on Composite Material, Hangzhou. China,Nov. 1984 (in Chinese).Google Scholar