Microscopic Stress Analysis by 3-D FEM of Twill Woven Fabric Composites
The woven fabric composites are used in many fields: The reinforcing composite of fabrics are classfied into plain, twill and satin woven fabrics. In spite of the various applications, the traditional microscopic stress analyses of woven fabric composites limits itself to the analysis of Plain Woven Fabric Composite (TWFC) , , , . Also, the authors analysed the microscopic stress state of the PWFC by a new method . However, it was found that there were few research works on the microscopic analysis of Twill and Satin Woven Fabric Composites (TWFC and SWFC) ,, Haga researched the failure of the woven fabric composites . Ishikawa studied Young’s modulus for the fabric composites without TWFC by applying his new analytical method, because his method was not applicable with TWFC . Our analytical method for the analysis of PWFC was applied to examine the property of TWFC.
KeywordsBoundary Line Unit Model Nodal Force Textural Pattern Maximum Principal Strain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kimpara: Trans, of JSCM, 3 (1977), 21.Google Scholar
- 2.Haga: J. of JSCM, 4–3 (1978), 105.Google Scholar
- 4.Yoshino; Ohtsuka: Proc. Japan-U.S. Conf. Tokyo (1981), 47.Google Scholar
- 5.Hirai; Semba: J. of JSMS, 30–339 (1981), 1170.Google Scholar
- 6.Ishikawa: Report of National Aerospace Laboratory, No.808.Google Scholar