Elastoplastic Constitutive Model with a Subloading Surface
While the subloading surface model seems most reasonable among a lot of elastoplastic constitutive models proposed in the past, there exists a mathematical incompleteness in the past formulations of this model. The mathematically exact formulation of this model would be provided in this paper, formulating a reasonable translation rule of the center of similarity of the normal-yield and the subloading surfaces.
KeywordsPlastic Strain Rate Stress Space Current Stress Homogeneous Degree Translation Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hashiguchi, K.; Ueno, M.: Elastoplastic constitutive laws of granular materials. Constitutive Equations of Soils (Proc. 9th Int. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., Spec. Session 9) (eds. S. Murayama & A.N. Schofield) Tokyo (1977) 73–82Google Scholar
- 2.Hashiguchi, K.: Plastic constitutive equations of granular materials. Proc. US-Japan Seminar on Continuum Mech. Stast. Approaches in Mech. of Granular materials (eds. S.C. Cowin & M. Satake). Sendai (1978) 321–329.Google Scholar
- 3.Hashiguchi, K.: Constitutive equations of elastoplastic materials with elastic-plastic transition. J. Appl. Mech. ASME (1980) 266–272.Google Scholar
- 4.Dafalias, Y.F.; Popov, E.P.: A bounding surface soil plasticity model. Proc. Int. Symp. Soils under Cyclic Transient Load, (eds. G. N. Pande & O.C. Zienkiewicz). Swansea (1980) 335–345.Google Scholar
- 5.Hashiguchi, K.: Anisotropic Hardening for Granular Media. Proc. Int. Symp. Soils under Cyclic Transient Loading (eds. G.N. Pande & O.C. Zienkiewicz). Swansea (1980) 469–474.Google Scholar
- 6.Hashiguchi, K.: Subloading subloading surface model of plasticity, Constitutive Equations of Soils. Proc. Discussion Session 1A. 11th Int. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., San Francisco (1985) 127–130.Google Scholar
- 7.Hashiguchi, K.: A mathematical description of elastoplastic deformation in normal-yield and subyield states. Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Numerical Models in Geomech. Ghent (1986)Google Scholar