Stress Analysis for Axi-Symmetrical Problems by Scattered Light Photoelasticity
Formerly in the photoelastic experiments, indistinct isoclinic lines had to be applied in order to resolve the stresses in axi-symmetrical problem. The problem of axi-symmetrical stresses can be analyzed by the scattered light photoelasticity. This method need to obtain a stress equilibrium equation and three scattered isochromatic fringe patterns by three different incidences of polarized light beam. For the purpose of checking the accuracy of this experimental method, the author performed the stress analysis of a round shaft with a semicircular ring groove under the room temperature tensile loading, and also the author developed the epoxy resin of a new photoelastic material. This material had almost free stress initiation and photoelastic stress sensitivity of this material was higher value. As a result, it was proved that this technique led to a higher accuracy of the experimental stress analysis.
KeywordsVertical Incidence Fringe Order Isochromatic Fringe Isochromatic Fringe Pattern Experimental Stress Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Miyata, T., Horisawa, H., Hashimoto, M. and Ogata, M., Trans. 1st symposium of Photoelasticity, (1972), 315–325.Google Scholar
- 2.Miyata, T., Horisawa, H., Hashimoto, M. and Ogata, M., J. Jap. Soc. for Nondestructive Inspection, 22, 6(1973), 344–349.Google Scholar
- 3.Kikuchi, S., Hashimoto, M. and Ogata, M., Nissan technical review, 9(1974), 39–50.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuramoto, M., Takada, T., Kuno, H. and Kunio, T., Trans. 2nd Symposium of Photoelasticity, (1974), 43–50.Google Scholar
- 6.Kuramoto, M., Kunio, T., Takeuchi, H. and Matsumoto, M., J. Jap. Soc. for Nondestructive Inspection, 23, 5(1974), 228–239.Google Scholar
- 7.Kuramoto, M., J. Jap. Soc. Mech. Eng., 77, 668(1974), 697–702.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuramoto, M. and Kunio, T., J. Jap. Soc. For Nondestructive Inspection, 19, 4(1970), 160–168.Google Scholar
- 9.Kuramoto, M., Lecture Text of Technical Course of Strain Measurement for Design Engineers, (1968), 151–164.Google Scholar
- 10.Kuramoto, M. and Kunio, T., Manual of Stress Measurment, Ohm Corporation, (1972), 189–249.Google Scholar