Some New Developments in Photoelasticity
In this report we discuss the results of two investigations that are under progress. The first investigation deals with the possibilities of utilising Raman scattering to measure the stress fields in the area of fracture mechanics. The results reported are of a very tentative nature. The second investigation deals with the development of a new semi-destructive method to determine the complete state of stress in a three dimensional photoelastic model using the shear difference method. In this case also, the results reported are based on the extent of the investigations carried out so far.
KeywordsIncident Light Raman Scattering Light Path Rayleigh Scattering Raman Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- DMS Raman/IR Atlas of Organic Compounds, Ed. Schrader B and Maier W, Vol 2 Verlag Chemie GmbHGoogle Scholar
- Raman CV, (1928) A New Radiation. Indian Jr. of Physics Vol 2: 387–398Google Scholar
- Tobin MC (1974) Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Wiley Interscience.Google Scholar
- Vu H, Jean-Louis M et al (1974) IR and R Spectra of Simple Molecular Solids upto 15 kbar at 4.2 K, Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on High Pressure, Kyoto.Google Scholar
- Whalley E, (1974) High Pressure Raman Spectroscopy, Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on High Pressure, Kyoto.Google Scholar