A Raster Display Graphics Package for Education
The need for a minimum suite of raster display routines is discussed. The design requirements for such a suite of routines are presented. Specifications for a package satisfying these design requirements is provided. Experience with the implementation and the use of the resulting package in an educational environment is discussed.
KeywordsComputer Graphic Assembly Language Primary Color Blue Component Graphic Device
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.American National Standard Draft Proposal, Graphical Kernel System, Computer Graphics Special GKS issue, February 1984.Google Scholar
- 2.American National Standard for the Functional Specification of the Programmer’s Hierachical Interactive Graphics Standard (PHIGS), ANSI X3H3/84–40, February 29, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.Rogers, David F. and Adams, J. Alan, Mathematical Elements for Computer Graphics, McGraw-Hill, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.Rogers, David F., Procedural Elements for Computer Graphics, McGraw-Hill, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Foley, James D. and Van Dam, Andres, Fundamentals of Interactive Computer Graphics, Addison-Wesley, 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.Newman, William M. and Sproull, Robert F, Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 1979.Google Scholar