A Procedure for Generating Contour Lines from a B-Spline Surface
A procedure for generating accurate contour lines for a B-Spline surface is presented. The method is a two step process. The first step is a modification to a traditional routine for contouring over a triangular mesh. The second step uses B-Spline surface generation over a limited area to accurately produce the contour.
KeywordsContour Line Triangular Element Surface Point Parameter Line Polygonal Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Heap, B.R., ‘Algorithms for the Production of Contour Maps Over an Irregular Triangular Mesh’, National Physical Laboratory, Report NAC 10, February 1972.Google Scholar
- (2).Rogers, D.F. and Adams, J. A., Mathematical Elements for Computer Graphics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- (3).Rogers, D.F., Rodriguez, F. and Satterfield, S.G., ‘Computer Aided Design and Numerically Controlled Production of Towing Tank Models’, Proceedings of the 16th Design Automation Conference, June 1979.Google Scholar
- (4).Rogers, D.F., Rodriguez, F. and Satterfield, S.G., ‘A Simple System for the Design and Construction of Towing Tank Models’, Proceedings of the 17th Numerical Control Society Conference, 1980.Google Scholar
- (5).Rogers, D.F., and Satterfield, S.G., ‘B-Spline Surfaces for Ship Hull Design’, Proceedings of SIGGRAPH’ 80, Computer Graphics 14, 3 (1980).Google Scholar
- (6).Rogers, D.F., and Satterfield, S.G., ‘Dynamic B-Spline Surfaces’, Proceedings of the Fourth Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design IV (Rogers, D.F., Nehrling, B. C. and Kuo, C. ed.), North-Holland Publishing, 1982, pp 189-196 (ICCAS’ 82), June 1982, Annapolis, Md.Google Scholar