Standardization of Animation Commands for Computer Animation System
The ideal computer animation system should be designed for artists. Designing the system, it is very important for system designer to understand requirements or needs from artists, and to make the system more suitable for them. This paper defines three necessary effects for computer assisted animation, and proposes to standardize the recommended animation commands and parameters. Also, command levels separated by functional features are presented, in order to clarify the functional ability of the system. This standardization trial of animation commands will surely be one guide or step for future system design.
KeywordsComputer Animation Graphie Effect Standardization Trial Original Drawing Video Tape Recorder
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Agui, T., Nakajima, M. and Ohe, S., Computer Animation, Sanpo Publishing Co., 1983.Google Scholar
- (2).Catmull, E., A system for computer generated movies, Proceedings ACM Annual Conference, pp422-431., August 1972.Google Scholar
- (3).Catmull, E., The problems of computer-assisted animation, Proceedings of Siggraph’ 79, PP348-353.Google Scholar
- (4).Hayama, K. et al., Animation Lesson No.6, Bijutsu Publishing Co., 1983.Google Scholar
- (5).Ikeda, H. et al., Animation Lesson No.4, Bijutsu Publishing Co., 1983.Google Scholar
- (7).Kitching, A., ANTICS-from stone-age to steam-age, BKSTS Journal, Vol.62, No.8, pp394–404, 1980.Google Scholar