Case Report of Pathological Complete Remission with FLEP Therapy
Since 1989 at the Cancer Institute Hospital, Tokyo, we have attempted to treat patients with advanced unresectable gastric cancer with a four-drug combination chemotherapy regimen delivered systemically and regionally, followed by radical gastrectomy . We report here a new case of pathological complete remission (pCR) of the primary lesion not included in our previous report. This is the first pCR case of our series.
KeywordsGastric Cancer Advanced Gastric Cancer Paraaortic Node Inguinal Lymph Node Dissection Cancer Institute Hospital
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Donadio M, Bonardi G, Iberti V, Bertetto O, Camino F, Iskra L, Mossetti C, Calciati A (1989) The role of induction chemotherapy in inoperable ovarian cancer. Tumor 75:609–615Google Scholar
- 3.Hong WK, Schaefer S, Issell B, Cummings C, Luedke D, Bromer R, Fofonoff S, Daoust J, Shapshay S, Welch J, Levin E, Vincent M, Vaughan C, Strong S (1981) Adjuvant chemotherapy with cis-platinum and bleomycin infusion prior to definitive treatment for advanced stage III and IV squamous cell head and neck carcinoma. In: Salmon SE, Jones SE (eds) Adjuvant therapy of cancer, vol III. Grune & Stratton, Orlando, FL, pp 153–160Google Scholar
- 4.Kremer B, Henne-Bruns D, Weh HJ, Effenberger T (1989) Advanced gastric cancer: a new combined surgical and oncological approach. J Hepatogastroenterol 36:23–26Google Scholar
- 6.Konishi K, Tajiri H, Fujii T, Boku N, Ohtu A, Yoshida S, Konishi M, Hasebe T, Mukai K, Makino R (1991) An early phase II study of 5-fluorouracil combined with cisplatinum as a second line chemotherapy against metastatic gastric cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol 21:120–124Google Scholar
- 7.Preisser P, Wilke H, Achterrath W, Fink U, Lenaz L, Heinicke A, Meyer J, Meyer HJ, Buente H (1989) Phase II study with the combination etoposide, doxorubicin, and cisplatin in advanced measurable gastric cancer. J Clin Oncol 7:1310–1317Google Scholar
- 11.Yonemura Y (1996) Contemporary approach toward cure of gastric cancer. Maeda Shoten, Kanazawa, Japan, pp 4–14Google Scholar