A Control Method of a Multiple Non-holonomic Robot System for Cooperative Object Transportation
This paper describes a multi-robot system which incorporates a behavior-based dynamic cooperation strategy for object transportation. This cooperation strategy is realized in two steps: designing the distributed robot’s cooperative behavioral attributes according to robot’s abilities, and organizing these behavioral attributes so that the team cooperation is realized. A method to control non-holonomic robots for cooperative object transportation which includes three control modes on realizing behavior attributes on each individual robot’s ability direction is proposed. The switching among the three control modes is decided according to the position of the virtual target point and the orientation of the robot’s body. An experimental robot system is designed to verify the proposed method and some experiment results are shown in this paper.
KeywordsMobile Robot Target Object Robot System Object Manipulation Multiple Robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.Asama, A.Matsumoto and T.Ishida, Design of an Autonomous and Distributed Robot System, Proc. IROS’89 ,pp.283–290, 1989.Google Scholar
- 2.R.G.Brown and J.S.Jennings, A Pusher/Steerer Model for Strongly Cooperative Mobile Robot Manipulation, Proc. IROS’95 ,Vol.3, pp.562–568, 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.B.Donald,J.Jennings,D.Rus, Analyzing Teams of Cooperating Mobile Robots, Proc.ICRA ’94,pp.l896–1903.Google Scholar
- 5.C.R.Kube, H.Zhang and X.Wang, Controlling Collective Tasks with an ALN, Proc. IROS’93 ,pp.289–293.Google Scholar
- 6.K.Kosuge,T.Oosumi, Decentralized control of multiple robots handling and object, Proc.IROS’96,pp.318-323.Google Scholar
- 7.K.Lakshminarayana, Mechanics of Form Closure, ASME Paper,78-DET-32,1978.Google Scholar
- 8.M.J.Mataric,M.Nilsson and K.T.Simsarian, Cooperative Multi-Robot Box-Pushing, Proc.IROS ,pp.556–561, 1995.Google Scholar
- 9.M.Nili Ahmadabadi and E.Nakano, Constrain and Move: A new concept to develop distributed object transferring protocols, ICRA ’97 ,pp.2318–2325, 1997.Google Scholar
- 10.J.Ota, N.Miyata, T.Arai,et.al, Transferring and Regrasping a Large Object by Cooperation of Multiple Mobile Robots, Proc. IROS’95 ,Vol.3, pp.543–548, 1995.Google Scholar
- 11.L.E.Parker, ALLIANCE: An Architecture for Fault Tolerant, Cooperative Control of Heterogeneous Mobile Robots, Proc. IROS’94 ,pp.776–783, 1994.Google Scholar
- 12.Z.D.Wang, E.Nakano, T.Matsukawa, A New Approach to Multiple Robots’ Behavior Design for Cooperative Object Manipulation,Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems2 ,Springer-Verlag Press,pp.350–361,1996.Google Scholar
- 13.Z.D.Wang, M.Nili Ahmadabadi, E.Nakano, T.Takahashi, A Multiple Robot System for Cooperative Object Transportation with Various Requirements on Task Performing, Proc.ICRA’99 ,pp.1226–1233, 1999.Google Scholar