Fuzzy Control of Distance and Motion Tracking Applied to Cooperative Autonomous Robots
An approach to distance and motion tracking control investigated from the viewpoint of the cooperative behaviour of autonomous robots is presented in this paper. A fuzzy control-based solution using laser alignment and ultrasonic distance ranging techniques as inputs to a two input, two output, non-linear controller is the major focus of this paper. The solution uses a fuzzy-controller to control the orientation and speed of a differential drive robot to maintain distance and motion tracking control with respect to a robot in front of it. The fuzzy controller has been fully implemented on an 8-bit microcontroller, using S-type, Z-type and Lambda-type membership functions, MAX/MIN inference and CoM defuzzification methods.
KeywordsFuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Tracking Control Autonomous Robot Versus Versus Versus Versus Versus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.A. Dickerson, H. Kim, B. Kosko. (1997) Fuzzy Control for Platoons of Smart Cars. Chapter from Fuzzy Engineering. Prentice-Hall Publishing, New Jersey U.S.A., 77–209.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Holve, P. Protzel. (1995) Adaptive Fuzzy Control for Driver Assistance in Car-Following, Proceedings of the 3rd European Congress in Intelligent Techniques and Soft Computing, Aachen, Germany, August 1995,1149–1153.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Holve, P. Protzel. (1995) Generating Fuzzy Rules for the Acceleration Control of an adaptive Cruise Control System, Proceedings of the NAFIPS Conference, Berkeley, California U.S.A., June 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Raza, P. Ioannou. (1996) Vehicle Following Control Design for Automated Highway Systems, IEEE Control Systems, December 1996,43–60.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Schone, X. Sun. (1995) Different In-Vehicle Control Concepts for the Distance Control of Cars Moving in Convoys, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Road Vehicle Automation, Bolton, UK, September 1995, 50–69.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Ming, V. Masek, C. Kanamori, M. Kajitani. (1996) Cooperative Operation of Two Mobile Robots, Proceedings of Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems 2 Springer-Verlag, 339–349Google Scholar
- 8.C. Von Altrock. (1995) Fuzzy Logic and Neuro-Fuzzy Applications Explained, Prentice-Hall Publishing, New JerseyGoogle Scholar