Arthropods Other Than Insects
Part of the Springer Lab Manual book series (SLM)
Arachnida is the second most studied arthropoda for cell culture. Several continuously growing cell lines have been established from tick embryos.
KeywordsPrimary Culture Pasteur Pipette Malpighian Tubule Penaeid Shrimp Diisopropyl Fluorophosphate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cancre, I., Van-Wormhoudt, A. and LeGal, Y. (1995) Effects of cellular growth factors on crustacean hepatopancreas cell suspension. J. Marine Biotechnol. 2, 83–87.Google Scholar
- Chen, S.N., Jong, K.J. and Kou, G.H. (1989) Cell cultures derived from tissues of penaeid shrimp, Penaeus penicillatus, and hard clam, Meretrix lusoria. In: Mitsuhashi, J. (ed.) Invertebrate Cell System Applications, Vol. II. CRC, Boca Raton, pp 253–262.Google Scholar
- Cory, J. and Yunker, C.E (1971) Primary cultures of tick hemocytes as systems for arbovirus growth. Ann. Entomol. Soc. Am. 64, 1249–1254.Google Scholar
- Itami, T., Aoki, Y., Hayashi, K., Yu, Y. and Takahashi, Y. (1989) In vitro maintenance of cells of lymphoid organ in kuruma shrimp Penaeus japonicus. Nippon Suisan Gakkaishi 55, 2205.Google Scholar
- Ke, H., Liping, W., Yumei, D. and Shuji, Z. (1990) Studies on a cell culture from the hepatopancreas of the oriental shrimp, Penaeus orientalis Kishinouye. Asian Fish. Sci. 3, 299–307.Google Scholar
- Quiot, J.-M. and Vey, A. (1978) Culture in vitro de cellules embryonaires d‘ecrevisses. Freshwater Crayfish 4, 391–398.Google Scholar
- Rahman, M.H. (1981) The culture of embryonic cells from the tick Hyalomma rufipes rufipes (Koch, 1844). Am. J. Trop. Med. Parasitol. 75, 573–574.Google Scholar
- Stachowitsch, M. (1992) The Invertebrates. An Illustrated Glossary. Wiley-Liss, New York, pp 676.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan 2002