Digital X-ray images of pneumoconiosis and their evaluation
The method of radiographic diagnosis of pneumoconiosis has been internationally standardized; namely, each film is evaluated according to the profusion, shape, and size of small opacities with reference to preselected standard X-ray films of typical pneumoconiosis [1, 2]. Recently, new diagnostic technologies such as computed tomography (CT) have been introduced, although they are still in the experimental stage [3–5]. In this chapter, we report the results of an objective study performed by many specialists on the applicability of the computed radiography (CR) system in the diagnosis of pneumoconiosis, a field which has a long history.
KeywordsTral Kato Rounded Asbestos Silicosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Ishida M, Kato H (1984) Seminar on digital radiography. Jpn J of Med. Electronics and Biomed Eng. 22: 53–60Google Scholar
- 3.Shida T (1983) CT for pneumoconiosis. Kokyu 2: 201–20Google Scholar
- 4.Shida T, Hyodo H, Iwasaki N, Mishiro T, Kuramae S, Matsumoto M (1983) Suggestions on criteria of chest CT reading. J Tomography Research Soc 10: 100–106Google Scholar
- 5.Saito N, Hosoda H, Chikauchi Y, Hachiya J, Horie S, Chiba Y (1983) Computed tomography of asbestos-caused pleural hypertrophy. J Jpn Assoc Chest Dis 21: 1038–1048Google Scholar
- 6.Hosoda H (1979) Radiographic diagnosis of pneumoconiosis. Jpn Indust Sci J 2: 1–6Google Scholar
- 7.Shima S (1983) Introduction to occupational diseases-Pneumoconiosis. Rodo Eisei 24: 46–48Google Scholar
- 8.Ciyotani K (1980) Diagnostic criteria, typing and severity degrees for pneumoconiosis. Jpn J of Int Med 45: 961–965Google Scholar
- 9.Labor Safety Section of Ministry of Labor (1979) Handbook for diagnosis of pneumoconiosis. Central Association for Prevention of Labor AccidentsGoogle Scholar
- 10.Hosoda H, Nobutomo K, Saito N, Chiba Y (1981) Guideline for use of ILO 1980 classification of chest X-ray films of pneumoconiosis (Summary). Kokyuki Shikkan 32, 4: 1–23 (Data)Google Scholar
- 11.Central Association for Prevention of Labor Accidents (1985) ‘83 Report of the committee for research and investigation of pneumoconiosis check systems (Image processing subcommittee)Google Scholar
- 13.Kobatake H, Takatani O (1982) Automated diagnosis of pneumoconiosis with chest radiographs. Jpn J of Med Electronics and Biomed Eng 20: 307–313Google Scholar