Intravenous digital subtraction angiography
Computed radiography (CR) is a general-purpose diagnostic system developed for application to various kinds of radiography by means of unique imaging plates. We have so far used this system for angiography, taking advantage of one of the features of CR, namely that it allows easy subtracton because it performs analog to digital conversion in the course of processing [1, 2]. Another type of digital angiography is digital fluorography (DF) using an imaging intensifier (II). Since the DF system was originally developed for angiography, there are naturally fundamental differences between the two systems. In routine angiography, however, the two systems have already been widely used, currently for the same purposes in most cases. This chapter includes a comparison of the two systems.
KeywordsAortic Aneurysm Imaging Intensifier Compute Radiography Imaging Plate Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hachiya J, Korenaga T, Sakurai K, Sakai F, Kato K, Takano M (1982) New method of digital angiography. Japanese Jaurnal of Clinical Radiology 27: 705–710Google Scholar
- 2.Hachiya J, Korenaga T, Miyasaka Y, Nitatori T, Wakasa K, Sakurai K (1983) Computed radiography utilizing photostimulable phosphor. Igakunoayumi 127: 1199–1206Google Scholar
- 3.Nishimura G, Naitou H, Yamaguchi T, Takamiya M, Kozuka T, Ohno H, Yasuhara H (1982) Clinical as-. pects of digital video subtraction angiography (DSA) Journal of Medical Imagings 2: 182Google Scholar
- 4.Korenaga T, Hachiya J, Sakurai K, Nitatori T, Miyasaka Y, Furuya Y (1983) Digital subtraction angiography (DSA) by Fuji computed radiography (FCR) system. Radiolgycal Medican 2: 61 70Google Scholar
- 5.Korenaga T (1984) Digital angiography utilizing photo stimulable phosphor.-Basic and clinical study. Journal of Kyorin medical society 15: 449–461Google Scholar
- 6.Nitatori T, Hachiya J (1984) Recent progress in prosthetic vascular surgery-Comprehensive review for diagnostic radiologist. Journal of Medical Imagings 4: 66–74Google Scholar
- 9.Nitatori T, Hachiya J, Korenaga T, Miyasaka Y, Wakasa K, Furuya Y, Sakurai K (1984) Dye dilution method for TVDSA. Journal of Medical Imagings 4: 438–445Google Scholar