Influence of Electrogenerated Bases on the Electroreduction of Some Carbonyl Derivatives
The influence of bases generated during an electrolytic reduction may influence the reduction route of compounds having a removable hydrogen in different ways. In this communication the reduction of some carbonyl derivatives in DMF has been investigated. The presence of a labile hydrogen may lead to reactions which can be classified as follows.
Evolution of hydrogen
Formation of anion
Elimination to nitrile
KeywordsRadical Anion Dissociative Electron Transfer Imine Radical Electrolytic Reduction Reductive Cleavage
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3).J.-M. Savéant, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1987, 109, 6788; Acc. Chem. Res., 1993, 26, 455; J. Phys. Chem., 1994, 98, 3716.Google Scholar
- 4).N. Gatti, S. U. Pedersen and H. Lund, Acta Chem. Scand. 1988, B 42, 11.Google Scholar
- 5).D. A. Van Galen, J. H. Barnes and M. D. Hawley, J. Org . Chem. 1986, 51, 2544.Google Scholar
- 7).B. Soucaze-Guillous and H. Lund, Acta Chem. Scand. in press.Google Scholar
- 8).Yu. M. Kargin, M. Yu. Kitaeva, V. Z. Latypova, R. M. Zaripova and A. V. II’yasov. Izv. Akad.Nauk SSSR, Ser Khim., 1988, 607.Google Scholar
- 9).Z.-R. Zheng, N. T. Kjwr and H. Lund, Acta Chem. Scand. in press.Google Scholar
- 11).Z.-R. Zheng and H. Lund, J. Electroanal. Chem. in press.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan 1998