Selective Anodic Fluorination of Heterocycles. Potential Application towards Pharmaceuticals
Various heterocyclic compounds having potentially biological activities were regioselectively monofluorinated by electrochemical fluorination using various supporting fluoride salts. Indirect anodic fluorodesulfurization of β-lactams using triarylamine mediators was also successful.
KeywordsHeterocyclic Compound High Current Efficiency Fluoride Salt Platinum Anode Benzylic Carbon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1)(a).T. Fuchigami, Rev. Heteroatom Chem., 1994, 10, 155;Google Scholar
- (b).T. Fuchigami and S. Nishiyama, DENKI KAGAKU (J. Electrochem. Soc. Jpn.), 1997, 65, 626.Google Scholar
- 6).A. Konno, M. Shimojo, and T. Fuchigami, J. Fluorine Chem., in pressGoogle Scholar
- 7)(a).Y. Hou, S. Higashiya, and T. Fuchigami, SYNLETT, 1997, 655;Google Scholar
- (b).Y. Hou, S. Higashiya, and T. Fuchigami, J. Org. Chem. ,in press.Google Scholar