Fuzzy Controllers and Their Application to Water Treatment
In the last several years, applications of fuzzy control have been rapidly increasing; recently such control has become widely used in household electrical appliances. Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. moved quickly to establish expertise in the area of fuzzy control, and has demonstrated its usefulness in controlling the injection of chemicals in a water treatment plant. In 1985 Fuji began to market FRUITAX, the first general-purpose fuzzy control system in Japan[1,2]. Since then, with the increase in demand for fuzzy control technology, Fuji has been steadily increasing sales, mainly in the process control field. In addition, whereas at first fuzzy controllers had to run on personal computers and minicomputers, they can now be incorporated into 1-chip microprocessors and programmable controllers, making it possible to use them in many fields.
KeywordsWater Level Membership Function Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Rain Water
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yagishita O, Itoh O, Sugeno M (1984) Application of fuzzy theory to control of chemical injection in a water treatment plant (in Japanese). Systems and Control 28 (10): 597–604Google Scholar
- 2.Itoh O (1987) Application of fuzzy theory to control, Measurement and Control Technology Conference Abstracts (in Japanese). 2–6–1Google Scholar
- 3.Sugeno M, Itoh O, Yagishita O, Onizuka M (1985) A general purpose fuzzy control system (in Japanese). Fuji Electric J 58 (4): 59–66Google Scholar
- 4.Miura K, Maruyama T, Simada Y, Yamamoto K (1988) Example of expert system development for automated propulsion (in Japanese). Collected Papers of Electrical Soc Jpn 108-C (4): 238–245Google Scholar
- 5.Itoh O, Miyamoto A, Nakatani T (1990) Application of fuzzy theory to control (in Japanese). Fuji Electric J 63 (10): 663–666Google Scholar
- 6.Sugeno M (1988) Fuzzy Control (in Japanese). Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Sha.Google Scholar
- 7.Hasumoto R, Morimoto M, Itoh O, Yagishita O (1990) Fuzzy control of coagulant injection in a water treatment plant (in Japanese). In: Proceedings of the 6th Fuzzy Systems Symposium, pp 23–26Google Scholar