Hematopoietic Malignancies During the Perinatal Period
Recently, hematopoietic malignancies have been increasing as one of the complications during pregnancy. There are some data on the effects of the hematopoietic malignancies in the mother and the fetus and of chemotherapy on the fetus and the baby [1–6]; however, it is very difficult to determine treatment of these cases due to several exceptions. We shall report here two cases of hematopoietic malignancy during pregnancy and discuss the problems encountered.
KeywordsAcute Myeloid Leukemia Acute Leukemia Myelodysplastic Syndrome Perinatal Period Hematopoietic Malignancy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Catanzarite VA, Ferguson JE (1984) Acute leukemia and pregnancy: a review of management and outcome, 1972–1982 Obstet Gynecol Surv 39: 663–678Google Scholar
- 2.Fassas A, Kartalis G, Klearchu N, Tsatalus K, Sinacos Z, Mantalenakis S (1984) Chemotherapy for acute leukemia during pregnancy: Five case reports. Nouv Rev Fr Hematol 26: 19–24Google Scholar
- 7.Kamiya T (1988) Discussion of hematological disorders complicated with pregnancy and labor. Gendai Igaku 36: 17–24 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 8.Tsumoto S, Ohyabu H, Sueyoshi K, Kageyama T (1981) A case of acute myelogenous leukemia occurring during the second trimester of pregnancy. Jpn J Clin Hemat 22: 1737–1742 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 9.Fukuda M, Fukushima Y, Miura A, Maeda H, Chida K, Fujiwara T, Higuchi S (1981) A case of acute myeloid leukemia who labored immature baby with erythroblastosis, agranulocytosis and hypoplastic bone marrow. Jpn J Clin Hemat 22: 1773–1780 (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 11.Volkenandt M, Buchner T, Hiddemann W, Van de Loo J (1988) Acute leukemia during pregnancy. Lancet i: 1404Google Scholar
- 12.Griffiths M (1988) Acute leukemia during pregnancy. Lancet i: 586Google Scholar