Resolution and Image Contrast of a Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)
In this chapter, we study the resolution of a TEM and its image contrast by a simple optical theory. The introductory explanations of bright-field and dark-field images are also given for beginners.
KeywordsFocal Plane Objective Lens Bragg Reflection Spherical Aberration Chromatic Aberration
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Born, M., & Wolf, E. (1970). Principles of optics. Oxford: Pergamon Press.Google Scholar
- Hedenreich, R. (1964). Fundamentals of transmission electron microscopy. New York: Interscience Publisher.Google Scholar
- Hirsch, P. B., et al. (1977). Electron microscopy for thin crystals. Florida: Krieger.Google Scholar
- O’Keefe, M. (1979). Proceedings 37 th Annual Meeting of EMSA (San Antonio), pp. 556.Google Scholar
- Thon, F. (1966). Zeitschrift fur Naturforchung, 21, 476.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan KK 2017