Debye–Waller Factor and Thermal Diffuse Scattering (TDS)
In this book, we study the effects of inelastically scattered electrons to TEM images qualitatively, as described in Sect. 7.1.8. The effects are, to some extent, related also to Stobbs’s problem for discrepancy between experiments and simulations. (Boothroyd 1998).
KeywordsInelastic Scattering Lattice Vibration Bragg Reflection Lattice Image Diffract Wave
- Allen, L. J. (2011). In S. J. Pennycook, & P. Nellist (Eds.), Scanning transmission electron microscopy. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Kohl, H., & Rose, H. (1985). Advance in electronic and electron physics. Amsterdam: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Peng, L. M., et al. (2004). High-energy electron diffraction and microscopy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Van Hove, (1954). Physical Review Letters, 95, 249.Google Scholar
- Zachariazen, W. H. (1967). Theory of X-ray diffraction in crystals. New York: Dover.Google Scholar