Part of the Advances in Japanese Business and Economics book series (AJBE, volume 16)
The population of rural Japan has been aging and declining at a rapid rate. There are many rural areas where the elderly ratio exceeds 50% and their sustainability is under doubt.
- Akai, N. (2015). Fiscal consolidation and local public finances in Japan: Incentive problems associated with intergovernmental transfers and their political roles. In T. Ihori & K. Terai (Eds.), The political economy of fiscal consolidation in Japan. (Chapter 4), Springer.Google Scholar
- Council of Local Authorities for International Relations. (2015). Local government in Japan 2012 (2015 Rev. Ed.). http://www.clair.or.jp/j/forum/pub/jichi-en_3.pdf.
- Harris, J., & Todaro, M. (1970). Migration, unemployment and development: A two-sector analysis. American Economic Review, 60(1), 126–42.Google Scholar
- Kawano, M., Yoshitake, T., Tatsumi, H., & Kajita, Y. (2004). Analysis of residential choice behavior at community scale. In Proceedings of European regional science association. http://www-sre.wu-wien.ac.at/ersa/ersaconfs/ersa04/PDF/40.pdf.
- Lee, Y.-J., Sugiura, H., & Gec̆iené, I. (2016). Stay or relocate: The roles of networks after the Great East Japan earthquake. In E. Jones & A. J. Faas (Eds.), Social network analysis of disaster response, recovery, and adaptation. (Chapter 15) Butterworth-Heinemann.Google Scholar
- Masuda, H. (2014). Disappearing local regions: Rapid population decline caused by Monopolar Concentration to Tokyo. Chuo Kouon Shinsha. (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. (2015). Present conditions of policies for depopulating areas. (in Japanese).Google Scholar
- OECD. (1998). Harmful tax competition: An emerging global issue. OECD Publishing.Google Scholar
- OECD. (2016). OECD territorial reviews.Google Scholar
- Steiner, K. (1965). Local government in Japan. Stanford, Calif.: Stanford University Press.Google Scholar
- Wilson, J. D. (1999). Theories of tax competition. National Tax Journal, 52(2), 269–304.Google Scholar
© Springer Japan KK 2017