Symmetry of Platonic Solids
Platonic solids have many beautiful properties, because they are highly symmetric.
Remember the ones we discussed in the previous chapter? Now, I will show you a few more results which relate to the symmetry of Platonic solids.
Let's start with the lengths of diagonals.
KeywordsRegular Tetrahedron Soccer Ball Platonic Solid Regular Pentagon Regular Octahedron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Akiyama, Let's go, Math. (Soreike Sansu) (in Japanese), NHK Publishing (1999)Google Scholar
- T. Betsumiya and G. Nakamura, A Solid Model for Penrose Tiling, The Int'l Katachi and Symmetry Symposium, Tsukuba University (1993)Google Scholar
- H. Murayama and M. Takahashi, How far has the truth about the Universe been investigated, Dr. Murayama? (Murayama-san, Uchū wa dokomade Wakattandesuka?)(in Japanese), Asahishimbun, (2013)Google Scholar
- I. Stewart, What Shape is a Snowflake?, Ivy Press Ltd. (2001)Google Scholar
- K. Tsubota et al., 50 Curious topics and models to intrigue students (Manabu Iyokuwo Takameru Sansu Omoshiro Kyouzai Kyougu 50 Sen) (in Japanese), Meiji Tosho (1996)Google Scholar