Indicators and Principles of International Water Sharing
In this chapter, various principles of international river water sharing such as legal, right based, economic, social, environmental, etc. have been discussed putting various examples. Articles on equitable share, obligation, equitable allocation through “efficiency”, “benefits” or equity, etc. have been analysed.
KeywordsExtreme Principle Transboundary Water Significant Harm Water Sharing Equitable Allocation
- Fukuzawa, F. (1996). A study of agricultural water park by rural environment project. Journal of Rakuno Gakuen University, 2(20), 347–457.Google Scholar
- Housen-Couriel, D. (1994). Some examples of cooperation in the management and use of international water resources (pp. 18–25). Jerusalem: Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace.Google Scholar
- Lonergan, S., & Gustavson, K. (1999) The index of human insecurity, a project of the Global Environmental Change and Human Insecurity Program (GECHS), Unpublished Paper, Department of Geography, University of Victoria, Canada, pp. 8–12.Google Scholar
- The Un General Assembly Resolution No. 2995 (XXVII) and 2996 (XXVII), UN General Assembly Records, 27th Session (December 15, 1972).Google Scholar
- Wescoat, J. L., Jr. (1992). Beyond the river basin: The changes geography of international water problems and international watercourse law. Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy, 3, 301–330.Google Scholar
- Wolf, A. T. (1999). Criteria of equitable allocation: The heart of international water conflict. Natural Resources Journal, 33(3), 3–30.Google Scholar
- Wolf, A. T. (2001) Indigenous approaches to water conflict negotiations and implications for international waters, Internet communication on January 10th, 2001, http://terra.geo.orst.edu/users/tfdd/.
- Wolf, A., Natharius, J., Danielson, J., Ward, B., & Pender, J. (2000). International river basins of the World. International Journal of Water Resources Development, 15(4), 61.Google Scholar