p-adic Measure and Kummer’s Congruence
In modern number theory, the p-adic method or p-adic way of thinking plays an important role. As an example, there are objects called p-adic L-functions which correspond to the Dirichlet L-functions, and in fact the natural setup to understand the Kummer congruence described in Sect. 3.2 is in the context of the p-adic L-functions.
KeywordsBounded Linear Formal Power Series Projective Limit Bernoulli Number Bernoulli Polynomial
- 37.Gouvéa, F.Q.: p-adic Numbers, an Introduction. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- 51.Iwasawa, K.: Lectures on p-adic L-functions. Annals of Math. Studies, vol. 74. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1972)Google Scholar
- 66.Lang, S.: Cyclotomic Fields, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 59. Springer (1980)Google Scholar
- 83.Serre, J.-P.: Cours d’arithmétique, Presses Universitaires de France, 1970. English translation: A course in arithmetic, Graduate Text in Mathematics, vol. 7. Springer (1973)Google Scholar
- 100.Washington, L.C.: Introduction to Cyclotomic Fields. Graduate Text in Mathematics, vol. 83. Springer (1982)Google Scholar