Study of Multi-agent Based Combat Simulation for Orientation of OODA Loop
OODA Loop is strategic decision making theory that military operations are basically a sequence of decision making process that consists four main points as observe, orient, decide, and act. Orientation is a stage where the decision-maker adds the evaluation to Information on external situation. We think that Orientation consists of default and exception rule. In this study, we paid attention to orientation of OODA Loop, and investigated how two rules of orientation would influence the result of combat.
KeywordsSensor Range Default Rule Orientation Rule Fire Range Exception Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Osinga, F.: Science, Strategy and War: The Strategic Theory of John Boyd. Eburon Academic Publishers (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Kitamura, J., Kitamura, A.: Doctrine of United States Marine Corps. Huyo-Syobo-Syuppan Ltd. (2009) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 3.Nakamura, Y.: A art of Strategy decision making of U.S. military type for business. Toyokeiza Inc. (2006) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 4.Tighe, T.R.: Strategic Effects of Airpower and Complex Adaptive Agents: an Initial Investigation. Air Force Institute of Technology, USA (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Masuda, N., Konno, N.: Complex Networks -From the base to the application. KindaiKagakusya Ltd. (2010) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Ilachinski, A.: Artificial War: Multiagent-Based Simulation of combat. World Scienc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Honda, T.: Research on Multi-agent combat simulation. National Defence Academy of Japan (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar