A Study on the Requirements for Designing Agent-Based Computer Generated Force
CGF (Computer Generated Forces) is known as a representation of constructive forces in a simulation environment which attempts to model human behavior. Currently, CGF deals with some extent on lower levels of command as well as weapon system, however, their behavior is stereotyped so as to support only simple level of decision-making. In this paper, we propose the level of agent-based CGF by integrating various viewpoints of requirements for supporting the systematic design.
KeywordsRemote Control Intelligent Agent Weapon System High Autonomy Defense Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dompke, U.: Computer Generated Forces – Background, Definition and Basic Technologies. RTO SAS Lecture Series on Simulation of and for Military Decision Making, Rome, Italy, October 15-16; Stockholm, Sweden, October 18-19; Virginia, USA, October 23-25 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.DoD 5000.59-M (January 1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Furness, Z., Tyler, J.G.: Fully Automated Simulation Forces(FAFs): A Grand Challenge for Military Training. MITRE Technical Papers (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.LTC Warren O’Donell, USA, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology), Future Combat Systems Review, presentation to the committee (April 25, 2003) Google Scholar
- 5.Wooldridge, M.: An Introduction to MultiAgent Systems, 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons (May 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Müller, J.P.: The Design of Intelligent Agents. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 3rd edn. Pearson (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Zeigler, B.P.: Object-oriented Simulation with Hierarchical, Modular Models: Intelligent Agent and Endomorphic Systems. Academic Press (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Zeigler, B.P., et al.: Theory of Modeling and Simulation. Academic Press (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Chi, S., You, Y., Jung, C., Lee, J., Kim, J.: Fames: Fully agent-based modeling & emergent simulation. In: Proc. 2009 Spring Simulation Multiconf., March 22-27, Society for Computer Simulation International, San Diego (2009)Google Scholar