The Study on the Validity of the Conceptual Cost Estimation Model by Using Monte Carlo Simulation
Normally, the Railroad Constructions need the huge budgets due to the large-scale works including civil, tunnel and bridge. Thus, it is so difficult to estimate the budgets out of data in the previous works. This research presents two models; (1) the conceptual estimation model by using the parametric method and regression analysis (2) the range estimation model for estimation of accuracy. Also, the simulation has been used for verifying the validity of the results from the conceptual estimation model to find the expected cost of High-Speed Railroad construction. In addition, the range estimation model for estimation of accuracy is generated by using Monte Carlo Simulation. Crystal Ball Program as a tool of the simulation is used in the research. The performance measures are used Percentage Error and the criterion according to the ACCE . It is expected to improve the accuracy of the model and to contribute to effective total cost management.
KeywordsEstimation Model Percentage Error Absolute Percentage Error Information System Engineer Civil Work
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AACE, International, Skill & Knowledge of Cost Engineering. AACE, International, 4th edn., ch. 2 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Project Management Institute (PMI), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), PMI, Inc., 4th edn., Pennsylvania, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Seek, P.J., Seon, Y.Y.: The Probability and Statistics, Dasan, vol. 4 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Sup, K.D., Joon, K.N.: Regression Analysis (Basic and Applicaiotn), Nanam (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.http://www.wikipedia.org, Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. (2011)
- 6.Werckman, C., Hardy, T., Wainwright, E., Harris, C., Gentry, B. (eds.): Crystal BallⓇ User Manual. Colorado, Decisioneering, Inc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.AACE, International, Risk analysis and Contingency determination using Range Estimating. AACE, International (2008)Google Scholar