A Novel Federation Development and Execution Process Based on Collaboration Ontology
This paper presents a novel Federation Development and Execution Process aiming to employ collaboration ontology as mutual understanding of High Level Architecture. The proposed approach includes three main stages: Conceptual Analysis, Collaboration Preparation and Federation Execution. It uses collaboration ontology to represent collaboration knowledge such as conceptual model, domain knowledge, SOM, FOM, FED/FDD files, class RootObject in a consistent way. This knowledge representation method improves semantic completeness and transformation efficiency of collaboration knowledge and reduces workload without the loss of accuracy and consistency. This paper also discusses some ontology based collaboration knowledge modeling, manipulating, organization and implementation issues on the basis of collaboration ontology, which includes FCA modeling method, extending UML sequence diagram, ontology fusion, ontology maintenance and ontology template. The proposed approach has great potential to improve efficiency of FEDEP, reduce the work load for adaptive adjustment of ever-existing platforms, and enhance the applicability and flexibility of HLA systems.
KeywordsPartial Order Relation High Level Architecture Concept Instance Collaborative Product Development Collaborative Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Simulation Interoperability Standards Committee (SISC) of the IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Standard for Modeling and Simulation (M&S) High Level Archi-tecture (HLA)-Framework and Rules. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., New York (2000) Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, H., Wang, H., Chen, D.: Integrating web services technology to HLA-based multidisciplinary collaborative simulation system for complex product development. In: 12th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, CSCWD 2008, Xi’an, China, pp. 420–426 (April 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, W., Liu, Z., Chen, H.: A Survey of the Research about Both FCA and Ontology. Computer Science 33(2), 8–12 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Sun, H., Fan, W., Shen, W., Xiao, T.: Ontology Fusion in HLA-based Collabora-tive Product Development. In: Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, SMC 2010, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 2526–2532 (October 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Qu, K., Liang, J., Wang, J., Shi, Z.: The algebraic properties of Concept Lattice. Journal of Systems Science and Information 2(2), 271–277 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.IEEE Computer Society. IEEE Recommended Practice for High Level Architecture (HLA) Federation Development and Execution Process (FEDEP, IEEE Std 1516.3-2003). The Institute of Electrical and Engineers, NewYork (2003)Google Scholar