Detection of the Music or Video Files in BitTorrent
Nowadays the Internet has been spreading widely all over the world and the network traffic has been increasing rapidly in the Internet. Peer-To-Peer (P2P) networks have been used widely in order to deliver operating system DVD image or several packages of commercial software, but everyone does not always use P2P networks rightly or legally. One of the examples of illegal usage of P2P networks is to exchange the audio or video files which violate copyrights. BitTorrent is one of the P2P networks that are used relatively rightly. This paper proposes the method which detects illegal file exchange of BitTorrent. This paper regards video or music files exchanged by BitTorrent as illegal files and proposes the method which detects the video or music files exchanged by BitTorrent. This paper also implements this method in BitTorrent software and evaluates this method.
KeywordsVideo File Transmission Speed Content Delivery Network Illegal Usage White List
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ipoque corporation, Internet Study 2008/2009 (2009), http://www.ipoque.com/resources/internet-studies/internet-study-2008_2009
- 2.ICv2, Six Million Anime Downloads a Week (2007), http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/11757.html
- 3.Gong, Y.: Identifying P2P users using traffic analysis. Symantec Connect Community (2010), http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/identifying-p2p-users-using-traffic-analysis
- 4.Kida, K., Sakamoto, H., Shimazu, H., Tarumi, H.: A Proposal of File Access Control Software Agent Toward Using P2P File Sharing System in Safety. Transactions of Information Processing Society of Japan 48(1), 200–212 (2007) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 5.ISIS Forensics, Illegal and Insecure:Companies fail to protect against P2P (2008), http://www.isis-forensics.com/Business%20Study.pdf
- 7.Itakura, Y., Yokozawa, M., Shinohara, T.: Model Analysis of Digital Copyright piracy on P2P network. In: The Proceedings of the 2004 Symposium on Applications and the Internet Workshops, pp. 84–89 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Cohen, B.: Incentives Build Robustness in BitTorrent. In: The Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Economics of Peer-to-Peer Systems (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Cohen, B.: The BitTorrent Protocol Specification (2008), http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0003.html