Physical Properties of the Korean Stock Market
The mutual influence between the index time series and the volume time series of the Korean stock market, KOSPI, is considered along with it volatility, first order Landau expansion fitting, and volume-index correlation based on one minute data. We find causality indeed exists in the index time series but not the volume time series.
KeywordsPrice Change Trading Volume Index Difference Emergent Market Volatility History
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Johansen A and Sornette D, int.J. Theor. and Applied. Finance, condrnat/9907270. Google Scholar
- 2.Daily index can be obtained athttp://kse.or.kr/kor/stat/stat_past.htHowever, most part of our data are one-minute data.
- 5.Gujarati D NBasic Econometrics3ed, (McGraw-Hill 1995).Google Scholar
- 6.Maddala G SIntroduction to Econometrics2ed, (Macmillan Publishing Co. 1992).Google Scholar
- 7.Granger G W JJ. Eco. Dyn. Cont. 2, 329 (1980) ibid 12, 551 (1988).Google Scholar