Quaternion Based Thermal Condition Monitoring System
In this paper, we will propose a new and effective machine condition monitoring system using log-polar mapper, quaternion based thermal image correlator and max-product fuzzy neural network classifier. Two classification characteristics namely: peak to sidelobe ratio (PSR) and real to complex ratio of the discrete quaternion correlation output (p-value) are applied in the proposed machine condition monitoring system. Large PSR and p-value observe in a good match among correlation of the input thermal image with a particular reference image, while small PSR and p-value observe in a bad/not match among correlation of the input thermal image with a particular reference image. In simulation, we also discover that log-polar mapping actually help solving rotation and scaling invariant problems in quaternion based thermal image correlation. Beside that, log-polar mapping can have a two fold of data compression capability. Log-polar mapping can help smoother up the output correlation plane too, hence makes a better measurement way for PSR and p-values. Simulation results also show that the proposed system is an efficient machine condition monitoring system with accuracy more than 98%.
KeywordsReference Image Thermal Image Invariant Problem Thermal Camera Fuzzy Relational Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Weiman, C.: Log-polar vision for mobile robot navigation. In: Proc. of Electronic Imaging Conferences, Boston, USA, November 1990, pp. 382–385 (1990)Google Scholar
- 7.Berton, F.: A brief introduction to log-polar mapping. Technical report, LIRA-Lab, University of Genova (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Hamilton, W.R.: Elements of Quaternions. Longmans/Green, London/U.K (1866)Google Scholar
- 9.Xie, C., Savvides, M., Kumar, B.V.K.V.: Quaternion correlation filters for face recognition in wavelet domain. In: Int. Conf. on Accoustic, Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP 2005, pp. II85–II88 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Pei, S.C., Ding, J.J., Chang, J.: Color pattern recognition by quaternion correlation. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Image Processing, vol. 1, pp. 894–897 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Xiao, P., Yu, Y.: Efficient learning algorithm for fuzzy max-product associative memory networks. In: Proc. SPIE, vol. 3077, pp. 388–395 (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Owen, J., Hunter, A., Fletcher, E.: A fast model-free morphology-based object tracking algorithm. In: British Machine Vision Conference, pp. 767–776 (2002)Google Scholar