Vehicle Guidance System using Local Information Assistants
In this paper, we propose a vehicle guidance system using local information assistants. The information assistant device which is embedded into the environment, realizes to exchange and manage local information related to the environment and the situation. Therefore, proposed system can realize to provide the information without direct communications among the vehicles and global communications. We develop local information device for vehicle guidance and attempt experiment using the electrical vehicle. Also, we discuss a simple guidance method based on local information manaement such devices.
KeywordsLocal Information Guidance System Automate Guide Vehicle Control Command Vehicle Guidance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Oomichi, T., Kawauchi, N., Fuke. F.,(1999). Hierarchy control system for vehicle navigation based on information of sensor fusion perception depending on measuring distance layer, Proceedings of the International Conference on Field and Service Robotics, pp. 197–201Google Scholar
- 3.Chiba, R., Ota, J. and Arai, T.(2002). Integrated Design with Classification of Transporter Routing for AGV Systems, Proc. 2002 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intell. Robots and Systems (IROS2002), pp.1820–1825.Google Scholar
- 4.Higashi,. T., Sekiyama, K., Fukuda., T., (2000). “Self-organizing Control of Carrier Sequence in AGV Transportation System”, Proc. of IECON2000, pp.706–711Google Scholar
- 6.Weiser, M. (1991). The Computer for the Twenty-First Century, Scientific American, pp. 94–104.Google Scholar
- 7.Gibson, J. J. (1979). The Ecological Approach to Visual Perception, Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin.Google Scholar
- 9.Suzuki, T., Uehara, T., Kawabata, K., Kurabayashi, D., Paromtchik, I. E., Asama, H., (2003): “Indoor Navigation for Mobile Robot by using Environment-embedded Local Information Management Device and Optical Pointer”, Preprints of the 4th International Conference on Field and Service Robotics, 23–28.Google Scholar