Comparing African and European Cases
So far, five African case studies have been discussed and analysed. Juxtaposition of these cases with the theory developed in Chapter 3 has led to conclusions regarding the way societal forces in sub-Saharan Africa impact on organisations and their teams.
KeywordsTeam Member Social Responsibility Team Leader Uncertainty Avoidance Organisational Climate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 417.Gupta and Hanges (2004), pp. 190–191.Google Scholar
- 418.Gupta and Hanges (2004), p. 199.Google Scholar
- 419.See Jackson (2004), p. 27.Google Scholar
- 421.See for example the discussion of performance measurement in the A-Case, p. 181; this finding is consistent with Aycan’s (2005) proposition that in collectivist, diffuse or high-context cultures, giving and receiving feedback on group rather than individual performance is preferred and individuals avoid seeking feedback, whereas people in specific, low-context or high performance-oriented cultures do seek individual feedback (p. 1096).Google Scholar
- 422.Gupta and Hanges (2004), p. 185.Google Scholar
- 426.E.g. Donaldson (2001), p. 2.Google Scholar
- 427.E.g. Donaldson (2001), p. 23.Google Scholar
- 430.Schütte and Ciarlante (1998), pp. 92–93.Google Scholar