The capacity of ocean cruise going vessels is rising steadily and the ‘Oasis’ or ‘Allure of the Seas’ were definitely not the last big projects the shipyards had to build. Even despite the economic turmoil of 2009, the cruise industry is continuing to grow, with a growth rate of in average 6.5% per year. And the industry is not predicted to mature soon; analysts and professionals see healthy growth through 2012 and especially when looking at the order book of ships for delivery until 2014, it can be seen that until now the term “growth” is not just a trendy word used lately in this industry, but a positive and secular determinant for our economy. (Jordan, 2010)
KeywordsNegative Evaluation Open Code Crew Member Axial Code Employee Satisfaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Corbin, J. & Strauss, A. (2008), Basics of Qualitative Research 3e – Techniques and Procedures for Developing Grounded Theory. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications, Inc.Google Scholar
- Cruise Ship Job Network (2008–2010), Cruise Ship Industry. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from Cruise Ship Job Network: http://www.cruiseshipjobsnetwork.com/cruise-ship-industry.html.
- Davidson, A. L. (2002), Grounded Theory. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from essortment.com: http://www.essortment.com/all/groundedtheory_rmnf.htm.
- Jordan, G. E. (2010), Classic cruise is going strong. DNV Cruise Update, 1/2010, 4–5.Google Scholar
- Jordan, G.E. (2010), Building the Celebrity brand. DNV Cruise Update, 1/2010, 30–31.Google Scholar
- Kappix. (2010), Employee scheduling software-we only due scheduling software. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from Kappix: http://www.kappix.com/products.htm.
- Kernel Software. (2010), Case Study-Lufthansa. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from Kernel Software: http://www.kernel-software.com/english/case_studies/lufthansa.html.
- Peisley, T. (2010), Could regulations succeed where the global economic crisis failed and put an end to growth? Essex, UK: Seatrade Communications Ltd.Google Scholar
- Redbull (2010), Firma-Wie alles begann. Retrieved January 2, 2011 from Redbull: http://www.redbull.de/cs/Satellite/de_DE/Products/Firma%20--%20RED%20BULL%20DE%20Produkte%20--%20Red%20Bull%20Deutschland-021242782511228.
- Schmid R. – Pilot working at Lufthansa, Interview on the phone, 24.10.2010.Google Scholar
- Shift Planning. (2010), Online Workforce Management Software. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from Shiftplanning: http://www.shiftplanning.com/hospitality/.
- Shift Planning. (2010), Shiftplanning from the hotel/hospitality industry. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from Shiftplanning: http://www.shiftplanning.com/staff/.
- Røe, M. A. & Brogren K. (2010), Future Cruise Market. DNV Cruise Update, 1/2010, 11–13.Google Scholar
- Weidemann C. (2007), Einführung einer Dienstplansoftware. Retrieved November 30, 2010, from: http://www.zlb.de/aktivitaeten/bd_neu/heftinhalte2007/Benutzung010707.pdf.