The Internationalization Process in Service Companies
Various kinds of services account for approximately 30-35 per cent of world trade. Internationalization of service companies is consequently an important research field, yet there are very few published studies on the subject. In this chapter, we present results from a study of ten Scandinavian service companies representing different industries such as instance insurance, security, and consulting companies.
KeywordsInternationalization Process Creative Activity Parent Company Service Logic Service Company
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bateson, J.E.G.; Hoffman, K.D. (1992): Managing services marketing, Dryden Press, London 1992.Google Scholar
- Douglas, S.P.; Wind, Y. (1987): The Myth of Globalization. In: Columbia Journal of World Business, Vol. 22 (1987) 4, pp. 19–29.Google Scholar
- Edvardsson, B. (1990b): Service Production and Services Marketing in Manufacturing Companies. Paper presented at the 1st International Research Seminar in Service Management, La Londe Les Maures, France 1990.Google Scholar
- Edvinsson, L. (1981): Some Aspects on Export of Services (Working Paper 1982:2), University of Stockholm, 1981.Google Scholar
- Edvinsson, L. (1986): Organizational development for international services marketing. In: Creativity in Services Marketing: What's New, What Works, What's Developing. Ed.: Venkatesan, V.; Schmalensee, D.M.; Marshall, C. American Marketing Association Services Proceedings, Chicago, IL, USA 1986, pp. 27–30.Google Scholar
- Glaser, B.G.; Strauss, A.L. (1968): The Discovery of Grounded Theory, Aldine, Chicago, IL, USA 1968.Google Scholar
- Grönroos, C.; Gummesson, E. (1985): Service marketing: Nordic School Perspectives, Department of Business Administration, University of Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden 1985.Google Scholar
- Levitt, T. (1983): The Globalization of Markets. In: Harvard Business Review, Vol. 1983 (1983) May-June, pp. 92–102.Google Scholar
- Nyström, H. (1979): Creativity and Innovation, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK 1979.Google Scholar
- Nyström, H. (1990): Technological and Market Innovation: Strategies for Product and Company Development, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK 1990.Google Scholar
- Ricks, D.A. (1983): Big Business Blunders: Mistakes in Multinational Marketing, Irwin Professional Publishing, Homewood, IL, USA 1983.Google Scholar
- Sasser, W.E.; Olsen, R.P.; Wyckoff, D.D. (1978): Management of Service Operations: Text, Cases, and Readings, Allyn and Bacon, London, UK 1978.Google Scholar