Categorical aspects of Hopf algebras
Hopf algebras allow for useful applications, for example in physics. Yet they also are mathematical objects of considerable theoretical interest and it is this aspect which we want to focus on in this survey. Our intention is to present techniques and results from module and category theory which lead to a deeper understanding of these structures. We begin with recalling parts from module theory which do serve our purpose but which may also find other applications. Eventually the notion of Hopf algebras (in module categories) will be extended to Hopf monads on arbitrary categories.
KeywordsHopf Algebra Commutative Ring Monoidal Category Forgetful Functor Comparison Functor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adámek, J. and and Porst, H.E., From varieties of algebras to covarieties of coalgebras, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 44.1 (2001)Google Scholar
- Beck, J., Distributive laws, in Seminar on Triples and Categorical Homology Theory, B. Eckmann (ed.), Springer LNM 80, 119–140 (1969)Google Scholar
- Böhm, G., Brzeziński, T. and Wisbauer, R., Monads and comonads in module categories, arXiv:0804.1460 (2008)Google Scholar
- Brzeziński, T. and Wisbauer, R., Corings and Comodules, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Series 309, Cambridge University Press (2003)Google Scholar
- Gumm, H.P., Universelle Coalgebra, in: Allgemeine Algebra, Ihringer, Th., Berliner Stud. zur Math., Band 10, 155–207, Heldermann Verlag (2003)Google Scholar
- Loday, J.-L., Generalized bialgebras and triples of operads, arXiv:math/0611885Google Scholar
- Mesablishvili, B. and Wisbauer, R., Bimonads and Hopf monads on categories, arXiv:math.QA/0710.1163 (2007)Google Scholar
- Turi, D. and Plotkin, G., Towards a mathematical operational Semantics, Proceedings 12th Ann. IEEE Symp. on Logic in Computer Science, LICS’97, Warsaw, Poland (1997)Google Scholar
- Wisbauer, R., Modules and Algebras: Bimodule Structure and Group Actions on Algebras, Pitman Mono. PAM 81, Addison Wesley, Longman (1996)Google Scholar
- Wisbauer, R., Hopf monads on categories, Jain, S.K. (ed.) et al., Noncommutative rings, group rings, diagram algebras and their applications. Intern. conf. University of Madras 2006; American Mathematical Society, Contemporary Mathematics 456, 219–230 (2008).Google Scholar
- Wisbauer, R., Generators in module and comodule categories, Proc. of the Faith-Osofsky conference, Zanesville (2007).Google Scholar