The SPOCS Interoperability Framework: Interoperability of eDocuments and eDelivery Systems taken as Example
The European Services Directive demands interoperability between European eGovernment services and infrastructures in order to support European Service Providers as good as possible. This requirement leads to many challenges in various areas like electronic documents, electronic delivery, electronic identification etc.
This paper introduces an approach to these challenges: The EU Large Scale Pilot SPOCS. This large scale pilot aims to develop interoperability frameworks to link various existing eGovernment solutions of EU Member States resulting in a seamless landscape of eServices relating to the Services Directive.
Two important areas which are tackled by SPOCS are the interoperability of electronic documents and interoperability of electronic delivery systems. Both areas strongly relate to existing infrastructures of Member States and are involved in nearly every eGovernment procedure. This paper introduces SPOCS’ interoperability frameworks regarding electronic delivery and electronic documents as two examples representing the overall interoperability framework delivered by SPOCS mid of 2012.
KeywordsService Provider Competent Authority Service Directive Electronic Document eGovernment Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- European Parliament, Council: Directive 2006/123/EC of 12 December 2006 on services in the internal market.Google Scholar
- Graux, Hans and Majava, Jarkko: eDocuments and e-Delivery in the context of the services directive - Analysis & impact assessment report. Internal Market and Services DG, European Commission. Version 1.1, 30 January 2009.Google Scholar
- PEPPOL Consortium, WP2; Deliverable D2.1: Functional and non-functional requirements specification for the VCD, including critical synthesis, comparison and assessment of national vs. pan-European needs; Version 1.1Google Scholar
- PEPPOL Consortium, WP2; Peppol WP2 - Virtual Company Dossier: Vision, Objectives and Potential Scenario; http://www.peppol.eu/Download/final-public-documents-and-presentations/pdf-description-of-wps/peppol-wp2-virtual-company-dossier-vision-objectives-and-potential-scenario/view (as seen on 28 November 2009).
- Rössler, Thomas (editor) and SPOCS WP2: Inventory of standard documents and relations to open specifications (D2.1), version 1.0, 10 February 2010.Google Scholar
- Rössler, Thomas (editor) and SPOCS WP2: Standard Document and Validation Common Specifications (D2.2), version 0.8, 25 May 2010.Google Scholar
- Rössler, Thomas and Tauber, Arne: Interoperability - Coupling Of E-Delivery Domains. In: proceedings of the International Conference on E-Government: EGOV200, 2009.Google Scholar
- Apitzsch, Jörg (editor) and SPOCS WP3: Specifications for interoperable access to eDelivery and eSafe systems (D3.2), version 0.8, 26 May 2010.Google Scholar