What is the Jacobian of a Riemann Surface with Boundary?
We define the Jacobian of a Riemann surface with analytically parametrized boundary components. These Jacobians belong to a moduli space of “open abelian varieties” which satisfies gluing axioms similar to those of Riemann surfaces, and therefore allows a notion of “conformal field theory” to be defined on this space. We further prove that chiral conformal field theories corresponding to even lattices factor through this moduli space of open abelian varieties.
KeywordsModulus Space Riemann Surface Boundary Component Abelian Variety Mapping Class Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T.M. Fiore: Pseudo limits, biadjoints, and pseudo algebras: categorical foundations of conformal field theory, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 182 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.T.M. Fiore, P. Hu, I. Kriz: Laplaza sets, or how to select coherence diagrams for pseudo algebras, to appear in the Advances of Mathematics.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Mumford: Abelian varieties, Tata Inst. of Fund. Res. Studies in Math. 5, London 1970.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Pressley, G. Segal: Loop groups, Oxford Math. Monographs, Oxford University Press 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Segal: The definition of conformal field theory, Topology, geometry and quantum field theory, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Ser. 308, Cambridge University Press, 2004, 421–577.Google Scholar